Whether you’re taking a stroll to the monthly farmer’s market or you’re gearing up for an unforgettable night out with your besties, dresses offer just the right amount of feminine flair for any occasion. They’re comfortable yet classic and can seamlessly transition from a daytime chic ensemble to stylish evening wear with the simple addition of an extra layer of clothing.
Enter: the jacket.
From the classic denim jacket to the trendy and stylish black leather jacket, blazer, puffer jacket, shacket, or trench coat, there are endless options. But They’re more than just a garment to keep you warm. The right jacket can be a statement piece for any outfit. You can dress your ensemble up or down in seconds with the perfect outerwear.
Not sure what pieces to add to your collection? Allow us to introduce three of the trendiest and most comfortable jackets to wear with dresses that’ll prepare you for anything the day throws your way.
#1 The All-Day Sherpa Jacket
Ahhhh, the sherpa jacket. In recent years, it has picked up speed as a major fashion trend. With its soft and plush exterior, the sherpa jacket is cozy and practical—plus, it provides an added layer of texture to any dress and jacket combo.
What’s more, you’ll stay warm when battling the occasional chilly breeze while its breathable material keeps you from overheating if the temperatures start to rise.1 (And if they do, you can always tie your sherpa jacket around your waist for that effortlessly stylish look.)
An ivory sherpa jacket will pair perfectly with a variety of dress styles, but here are a few of our favorites:
- Wear it with a boldly-patterned maxi dress – If you're looking for an outfit idea for a sherpa jacket, Add a pop of color to your ensemble with a brightly colored maxi dress. From florals to boho, there are a multitude of patterns to choose from. Pair your dress and sherpa with your favorite pair of loafers and a velvet headband, and you’re ready to claim the day—whether you’re grabbing brunch with the girls or headed to the office.
- Opt for a laidback cotton bodycon dress underneath – Keep it casual with a monochrome bodycon dress or one with sultry stripes. Either option lets you subtly show off your curves2 while simultaneously staying warm. Throw on your sherpa jacket and a pair of sneakers and you’re all set. Transitioning from day to night? Grab a pair of booties for a quick glam upgrade.
#2 The Cozy and Chic Teddy Coat
There’s the short sherpa (ahem—see above) and then there’s this—the knee-length stone-colored Teddy Coat.Trust us—they’re not the same (but they are both luxuriously soft).
The Theo Pocketed Teddy Coat is as tasteful as it sounds. With its elegant notched collar and—gasp—coveted pockets, it’s the consummate coat for days when the temperatures start to dip to that questionable low, but you still find wanting to wear that dress you finally caved and bought last week.
It also complements a variety of dresses, like the:
- Cowl neck sweater dress – If you’re wondering how to style oversized sweater or knit outfits, pair them with a coat. When the air begins to turn from chilly to frosty, you can confidently strut from the office to the coffee shop in a warm cowl neck sweater dress paired with your ultra-textured teddy coat.
- Long-sleeve midi wrap dress – Whether you’re grabbing post-work cocktails or meeting your parents for their anniversary dinner, you’ll saunter there in style with a neutral-colored midi-wrap dress, a pair of leather knee-high boots—and of course—your open-front sherpa.
#3 The Easy, Breezy, Ready for Anything Coat
With the different styles of jackets, a lightweight coat is a closet staple. When the dress-wearing ultramodern fashionista is greeted by the first hints of fall (or winter) weather, what’s a girl to do?
Bust out the Breezy City Fall Pocketed Coat, that’s what.
This relaxed fit, knee-length coat comes in two neutral colors—gray and ivory—complementary for most dress styles and fabrics. With its notched collar (to pop it or not?—that is the question) and stylish oversized buttons, you’ll be prepared for any occasion—and any dress.
Some of our favorite dress pairings include:
- Floral mini dress – Picture yourself in a soft yet sophisticated flowy mini dress, accentuating your curves in a high-waisted black belt. On top, you’re sporting your gray coat and a pair of western-inspired boots. You could be going on a first date or a tailgate. With the versatility of your easy-breezy coat, the options are endless.
- Cutout maxi dress – Dress to impress with a monochrome cutout maxi dress. Leave your coat unbuttoned (all the better for others to appreciate your stylistic wardrobe choices) or bundle up from the evening chills as you head to your final destination—perhaps somewhere with carefully curated cocktails?
Find the Ultimate Dress-Worthy Jackets with VICI
Dresses are a classic wardrobe staple—a quick and trendy outfit worthy of a summer stroll or a trip to your favorite beachside vacation spot. However, it doesn't mean you have to store them away as the colder months approach. With the right jackets in your wardrobe, you can throw on your favorite dress any time of year (and in doing so, give your ensemble a fresh new look). From leather jacket outfits to trench coats and sherpa jackets, you can still look stylish and cozy in your favorite dresses.
At VICI, we offer sophisticated and modern attire for every occasion, whether you’re attending a live show at your favorite venue or chairing a meeting at work. From warm and casual sherpas to sophisticated blazers, we’ve got a wide selection of coats and jackets for women that’ll level up any look—dresses, jumpsuits, and of course, the timeless jeans and tee.
- The Jacket Maker. What Is A Sherpa Jacket & How To Style It. https://blog.thejacketmaker.com/what-is-a-sherpa-jacket/
- Vintage Life. Sizzling Trend: The BodyCon Dress. https://sammydvintage.com/self-improvement/bodycon-dress/